Creating chic, child-friendly homes with Melanie B Interiors and FibreGuard (case study)
Melanie B Interiors, founded by Managing Director Melanie Berry, is an interior design company with a rich background in textiles and interior design.
Today we're looking at one of her projects: a house in Newcastle, NSW, Australia. Through our partners at Zepel Fabrics, Melanie B Interiors created a stylish, yet child-friendly, home using FibreGuard fabrics.
Let's face it, accidents happen, especially in residential spaces where life is lived to the fullest. Whether it's a spilled glass of red wine or a mischievous pet, I feel confident in specifying FibreGuard’s fabrics because they’re so easy to clean and maintain. Their colour ranges and patterns also cater to every design aesthetic, allowing me to unleash my creativity with confidence. - Melanie Berry of Melanie B Interiors
The story of Melanie B Interiors
Beginning in clothing manufacturing at the age of 18, Melanie Berry's training in textiles manufacture led her to frequent textile mills all around the world including in China and Turkey. Her work with brands like TopShop further shaped her affinity for the textiles industry.
Now a qualified Interior Designer and expert in soft furnishings, Melanie founded Melanie B Interiors in 2020. She a diverse background, working on huge multi-unit fit-outs as well as a range of heritage and ultra-modern room updates, and approaches every project with an understanding of its unique demands and intricacies.
The house project in Newcastle was a knockdown rebuild in a popular suburb. Melanie B Interiors was responsible for the soft furnishings and faced the challenge of creating a stylish interior that was also child friendly.
Designing interiors with children in mind can be challenging and requires a thoughtful approach. The solution must be practical and stylish, while also providing the comfort and easy cleanability that a home with children needs.
The smallest details can make a real impact when it comes to designing a space, but only a true professional knows how to bring these details together to create a seamless design. - Melanie B Interiors
This modern build was finished with dark moody sheers and fitted with custom upholstery using FibreGuard’s upholstery fabrics. We offer performance fabrics with a range of benefits for homes with children, including:
- easy cleanability
- exceptional durability
- a range of eco safety certifications
Melanie B Interiors used our fabrics throughout this project. We especially love this bay window seat in a child's bedroom!
Speaking of window seats: All FibreGuard fabrics are colourfast which means they will not fade when exposed to light. We test according to the international standard to ensure the fabric colour maintains its original hue and intensity. Learn more here!
Creating the perfect home through a thoughtful design approach
Melanie B Interiors implemented a design approach that balanced a more ‘masculine’ look with softer finishes and decorative accents.
By incorporating mellower textures and tones like blush pink and rusty hues, she built a harmonious, inviting aesthetic throughout the space that met the specific needs of the homeowners and their children.
As an Interior Designer, I am constantly searching for upholstery and drapery fabrics that are stylish and fit the look I’m creating. But of course, the eye isn’t everything: I need them to offer functionality and durability too! With FibreGuard, I have found the perfect combination. - Melanie Berry, Interior Designer
Especially for homes: FibreGuard's stain resistant upholstery
Why are FibreGuard fabrics so well-suited to homes with playful children and stylish adults? Here are some highlights:
- Any spills or stains can be easily wiped away with water and – if necessary – a simple rub with a bar of soap. Let FibreGuard fabrics do the hard work so that you can relax and let kids be kids! We can't promise to make your whole life fuss-free, but we can help make things a little easier.
- Lots of different kinds of stains are no match for our high-performance fabrics. Even unusual or hybrid household stains like pen ink, or nail varnish, wax crayons, paint, lipstick, mascara, chewing gum, putty, grass stains, toner or printer ink, colouring pencils, condiment stains (jam, chutney, etc.), ice cream stains and baby formula stains.
- FibreGuard fabrics are cleanable with water and free of harmful finishes and chemicals. Yes, 100% PFA-free fabrics. Our product ranges also comply with several strict environmental and sustainability standards including the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- FibreGuard fabrics are the most durable upholstery fabric for kids, with impressive abrasion resistance and a tear strength. We’ve done the hard work in the textiles laboratory to ensure they can withstand even the roughest playtime antics.
Looking forward to partnering with you
Discover Melanie B Interiors and experience the unparalleled quality of FibreGuard stain-resistant fabrics for yourself. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, visit their website.
Our dream as a textiles company is about working together with our customers to turn their ideas into reality.
Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our contract customers by providing superior quality and service. We will continue to invest in research and development in order to provide the highest performance fabrics in the industry.