Are performance fabrics worth it
When it comes to upholstery fabrics, people often think about the aesthetic aspects of the piece. But there's more to choosing a fabric than just making sure that it looks good on your couch or chair.
You also must consider how well it will withstand everyday use and abuse-and whether it'll do its job without letting you down over time.
This is where performance fabrics come in.
The term may sound like an oxymoron, but don't let that fool you! Performance upholstery fabrics are designed for durability and stain resistance so they can keep looking great for many years to come. They’re generally built better than any other type of upholstery fabric available today!
Performance upholstery fabrics are engineered for performance
They look great in any room of the house, but they can be especially attractive in rooms where you or your family spend time eating or doing messy activities (like the kitchen).
At first glance it may not seem like performance upholstery fabrics would be suitable for these kinds of rooms because they’re not commercial spaces.
However, when we consider how these performance fabrics perform over time – such as resisting stains and spills – then it becomes clear why this type of fabric is so popular among designers these days: they offer both style AND substance!
And let’s face it—spills happen, whether you like it or not. So, if your upholstery fabrics are already engineered to be stain resistant, like FibreGuard’s are, this is a huge benefit! With other upholstery fabrics, if there's a spillage of water or coffee on it (to name just two common examples), then chances are high that either all or part of your chair could get damaged by stains from these liquids.
So what does this mean for you?
- Well firstly: FibreGuard fabrics don't stain easily because they're designed to repel stains!
- Secondly: when spills happen anyway (which unfortunately happens more often than we'd like), then cleaning up is easy because everything washes out quickly and easily thanks to the special stain-resistant properties within the FibreGuard material itself!
Are performance upholstery fabrics safe?
When it comes to FibreGuard fabrics, the short answer is yes. Here's why.
- Our performance upholstery and drapery are made with a proprietary blend of fibres that have been tested by an independent lab to be safe for your family, pets, and planet.
- FibreGuard fabrics are certified under the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. OEKO-TEX® is an independent, international certification system that tests and certifies products for harmful substances according to the strictest standards in the world. The OEKO-TEX® label indicates that a product has been for over 1,000 substances and found to be free from harmful chemicals.
- Sustainability is every person’s responsibility. As a fabric brand, we take our environmental impact to heart and are proactively working towards a lasting and meaningful positive impact on the planet with products certified under ISO 14001, GRS or OCS. What does this mean for you? It means that you can rest assured that your upholstered furniture will be safe for your family as well as for the environment!
The benefits of FibreGuard’s performance fabrics for furnishings
- FibreGuard’s performance fabrics are specifically designed to be stain resistant, easy to clean, and durable. They’re also an eco-friendlier option, as they require less energy and water during manufacturing than traditional textiles do.
- Our fabrics are luxurious. They feel softer than traditional textiles and have a more pleasant aesthetic appeal that's sure to please your customers. They're not stiff or sticky like waterproof or plastic-coated fabric. FibreGuard fabrics, on top of all their other high performing characteristics, are also easy to clean.
- Performance fabrics are durable and strong and can withstand daily wear and tear for many years to come because they're made to last through multiple washings. FibreGuard fabrics are thoroughly assessed to guarantee they are durable and hard wearing. All our fabrics are tested for resistance to wear and abrasion, achieving excellent Martindale and Wyzenbeek results. The pilling and brush pilling tests evaluate how the surface of our fabrics will look and perform after prolonged use. Our team follow this testing method to ensure our fabrics stay looking as good as new for longer.
Performance fabrics can make all the difference
Not only do they look great and enhance the overall appearance of any room, but performance upholstery adds value where it matters most.
We're proud of FibreGuard’s collections and everything they stand for. It's important for us to educate customers on how these materials work so that they're able to make an informed decision about what type of upholstery fabric is best suited for their needs!